Ipswich Town boss: ‘We’re trying everything we can to get Teddy Bishop fit’
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy says the Blues are doing everything possible to get Teddy Bishop back in first-team action.
The 19-year-old last featured for Town in May’s play-off defeat at Norwich, and suffered a setback in his recovery from a hamstring injury recently.
Town fans are desperate to see the teenager return to the fold, but McCarthy is unable to put a date on a return.
“He broke down again a couple of weeks ago with his hamstring. He is having treatment and we are eagerly awaiting his comeback,” said McCarthy.
“We try absolutely everything, but sometimes it happens when a player’s been growing and it throws their body out of kilter. There’s a weakness somewhere.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve isolated (the problem) and now we need to strengthen it and get it better.”
Bishop has also suffered from shin splints, and McCarthy sympathises with the midfielder’s plight.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 3 Channel 4 documentary to be filmed at Suffolk pub
- 4 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 5 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 6 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 9 Woman taken to hospital following three-car crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
“I had Matt Piper at Sunderland who had trouble with his groins which he could not get right. It’s sad to see, even more so when they are talented,” he added.
“People start asking if you are a “sicknote” and conspiracy theories on social media feed all that.
“It’s difficult for him.
“As a young kid you are never happier that when you are playing and you get on a low when you have been out for so long.”