Town to learn first fixtures of the season today - here’s how you can follow the cup and trophy draws
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town will find out their first competitive fixtures of the 2020/21 season today - here’s how you can follow the Carabao Cup and EFL Trophy draws.
The draw for the first round of the EFL Cup will be made on Sky Sports News at 10am.
It will, as always, be regionalised. However, this year, it will be unseeded. That’s a bonus for Ipswich because they were set to lose their seeding following an 11th place finish in League One.
The Blues could end up facing anyone from the south in tiers two to four, including Norwich.
Town are ball number 16 in the southern section.
There are 34 clubs in Town’s side of the draw with Brentford, QPR, Reading, Cardiff, Millwall and Swansea all possible opponents, as well as the recently relegated from the Premier League Canaries.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 6 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 7 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 8 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 9 Ex Town striker Wickham links back up with Manning at MK Dons
- 10 McKenna considering changes for Accrington visit
The fixtures are set to be played on Saturday, September 5 - but could be moved to Saturday, August 29 because of the international break.
The group stage draw will take place at 1.30pm on TalkSPORT 2. Ipswich are in Group B with Crawley and Gillingham, and will find out which academy side will join them tomorrow
Arsenal, Chelsea, Southampton, Fulham, Brighton, West Ham and Norwich are all possibilities, with the Canaries being ball number 5 tomorrow.
Dates for games are as follows:
Group game 1: Sept 8/9
Group game 2: Oct 6/7
Group game 3: Nov 10/11
Round of 32: Dec 8/9
Round of 16: Jan 12/13
Quarters: Feb 2/3
Semis: Feb 16/17
Final: March 14