Ipswich Town champions supplement out today
FIFTY years ago this week, Ipswich Town shocked the footballing world.
Having won the old Division Two just 12 months before, Alf Ramsey’s team of ‘has-beens’ and ‘misfits’ were then crowned the best team in England after winning the top flight at the first time of asking.
Today, in a special eight-page supplement inside the Ipswich Star and EADT, we pay tribute to that incredible achievement – one that will surely never be done again.
- What made Alf Ramsey tick from the men who knew him most
You may also want to watch:
- The secret behind the phenomenal partnership of Ray Crawford and Ted Phillips
- Plus much, much more from the players, fans and the staff from that incredible time
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 8 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 9 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 10 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal