Ipswich Town Championship fixtures 2017/18: Favourable start, tough finish for Blues; Middlesbrough on final day
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Ipswich Town will face newly-promoted Millwall, along with Birmingham City, Barnsley, Brentford and Fulham in the first month of the Championship season.
The Blues, who picked up eight points from August last season, thanks to two wins, two draws and a defeat, will start at home against Birmingham on August 5, before travelling to Barnsley a week later on August 12.
The Blues will then go to The Den in their first midweek game, three days later, before a home game against Brentford on Saturday, August 19.
Town finish the first month of the season with a game at home to Fulham on Saturday, August 26.
Ipswich’s last five fixtures look tough prospects on paper.
You may also want to watch:
They host Barnsley, at Portman Road, on April 10 (7.45pm ko), before travelling to Nottingham Forest on April 14.
The Blues’ last three games then see Mick McCarthy’s men host Aston Villa on April 21, go to Reading on April 28, before they finish at home to relegated Middlesbrough on May 6.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
Town ended last season with two wins and three defeats from their last five games, the Blues losing their last three games on the trot, against Rotherham, Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest.