Ipswich make loan offer for Bogle but cool interest in Accrington’s Jackson
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town have made a loan offer for Cardiff City striker Omar Bogle.
Bogle, who played for Grimsby under new Ipswich boss Paul Hurst, joined the Bluebirds for £1m from Wigan last summer but has struggled to establish himself in Neil Warnock’s first team.
He is unlikely to feature now Cardiff have been promoted to the Premier League and could now spend the season at Portman Road.
Bogle scored 16 goals as Hurst’s Grimsby won promotion to League Two in 2015/16, before netting 22 times in his first Football League season.
The interest in Bogle comes at a time when the Blues have cooled their interest in Accrington Stanley striker Kayden Jackson.
Hurst has been trailing the 24-year-old, who scored 16 times as Stanley won League Two last season, for much of the summer with the Lancashire club reported to have put a £1.25m pricetag on his head.
However, it is understood Stanley want well in excess of £2million for the former Swindon and Barnsley man, who has just a year remaining on his contract. Stanley are understood to have an option to extend his deal for a further year.
- 1 Suffolk's first blue badge prosecution for Haverhill woman
- 2 Former Blue McGoldrick linked with League One move
- 3 Go-ahead given for 40 new homes in Suffolk village
- 4 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 5 Five people injured and air ambulance called after car overturned in crash
- 6 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 7 'Significant' amount of Class A drugs and taser found at home in Suffolk
- 8 Plans seek to create traveller pitches for family use
- 9 'We put some good things together' - McKenna pleased after Town's Arsenal friendly
- 10 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
The Blues continue their pursuit of Shrewsbury duo Toto Nsiala and Jon Nolan, with the Shropshire Star reporting there has been movement in terms of a double deal. However, it is understood the move is still some way from completion, despite the duo handing in transfer requests.
Blackpool defender Curtis Tilt has also handed in a transfer request in a bid to force through a move to Portman Road, but there has been little progress in negotiations.
Ipswich are closing in on a loan deal for versatile youngster Tayo Edun from newly-promoted Premier League club Fulham, with a deal possibly completed today.
Edun made four appearances for the Cottagers last season – twice in the League Cup towards the start of the season and twice in the Championship in November.
Another player interesting the Blues is winger Jordan Graham, with Ipswich understood to be ready to hijack a deal for the Wolves winger after his switch to Wigan Athletic stalled.