Ipswich Town complete signing of Reece Brown
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have completed the loan signing of Manchester United defender Reece Brown, on loan until the end of the season.
The 21-year-old, who is the younger brother of Sunderland star, Wes, was due to spend this campaign on loan at League One Coventry, but was recalled by the Red Devils in January, following a lack of opportunities at the Ricoh Arena.
Brown, who has also had loan spells at Oldham, Doncaster and Bradford, will wear the number 21 shirt during his time at Portman Road.
“This is a big challenge for me and I’m excited to be signing for Ipswich,” said Brown.
“It’s a big club with great facilities and I’m looking forward to meeting all the lads and getting started.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve played here once before - in an U15 Academy showcase game for United - so it’s nice to be back here again and I’m ready to try and prove myself at Ipswich.
“I’m still only 21 and getting experience at a Championship club like Ipswich is good for me and it’s all part of my education.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week