‘I’m ready to go if needed’ – Ipswich complete signing of Fulham youngster Edun on season-long loan
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have completed the signing of Fulham youngster Tayo Edun on a season-long loan.
Edun will be available for tomorrow’s Championship opener against Blackburn after the paperwork was completed on the deal before today’s midday deadline.
“Paul (Hurst) is someone that I’ve been looking to work with for a while now so I’m really happy to get the move done,” the 20-year-old told the club website.
“I saw some of the work he did at Shrewsbury with young players - he launched their careers to some degree so I’m hoping for something similar here.
“First impressions with Paul and the coaching staff have been really good. They seem very positive and I think I will learn a lot from them.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m ready to go for the Blackburn match if I’m needed; if not then I’ll be looking forward to the next one.”
Edun made four appearances for the Cottagers last season – two in the League Cup towards the start of the season and twice in the Championship in November.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 3 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
He’s a left-footed England youth international, who can play in defensive midfield or at left-back, and was an team-mate of Blues duo Andre Dozzell and Trevoh Chalobah when the young Three Lions won the European U19 Championships last summer.
He spent time on trial with MLS side Portland Timbers earlier this summer but will now send the new campaign with the Blues.
Edun will wear the No.25 shirt at Portman Road.
Speaking earlier this summer Jason Dozzell said Edun and his son Andre combined well for England.
“He played in the middle with Andre last summer. He got about the pitch and was neat and tidy on the ball. They complemented each other well.”