‘I’m ready to go if needed’ – Ipswich complete signing of Fulham youngster Edun on season-long loan
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have completed the signing of Fulham youngster Tayo Edun on a season-long loan.
Edun will be available for tomorrow’s Championship opener against Blackburn after the paperwork was completed on the deal before today’s midday deadline.
“Paul (Hurst) is someone that I’ve been looking to work with for a while now so I’m really happy to get the move done,” the 20-year-old told the club website.
“I saw some of the work he did at Shrewsbury with young players - he launched their careers to some degree so I’m hoping for something similar here.
“First impressions with Paul and the coaching staff have been really good. They seem very positive and I think I will learn a lot from them.
“I’m ready to go for the Blackburn match if I’m needed; if not then I’ll be looking forward to the next one.”
Edun made four appearances for the Cottagers last season – two in the League Cup towards the start of the season and twice in the Championship in November.
- 1 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 2 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 3 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 4 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 5 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
- 6 Indiana Jones-inspired metal detectorist finds £65k Roman hoard
- 7 'I like his profile' - McKenna looking forward to working with Ndaba
- 8 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 9 Man exposes himself to two women on Thorpeness beach
- 10 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
He’s a left-footed England youth international, who can play in defensive midfield or at left-back, and was an team-mate of Blues duo Andre Dozzell and Trevoh Chalobah when the young Three Lions won the European U19 Championships last summer.
He spent time on trial with MLS side Portland Timbers earlier this summer but will now send the new campaign with the Blues.
Edun will wear the No.25 shirt at Portman Road.
Speaking earlier this summer Jason Dozzell said Edun and his son Andre combined well for England.
“He played in the middle with Andre last summer. He got about the pitch and was neat and tidy on the ball. They complemented each other well.”