Ipswich Town complete the signing of defender Kevin Foley
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have completed the signing of versatile defender Kevin Foley, until the end of the season, subject to international clearance.
The 31-year-old was a free agent following after a spell playing in Denmark with FC Copenhagen.
Primarily a right-back, but capable of playing anywhere across the back four, Foley is reunited with Mick Mccarthy – the manager who signed him for Wolves from Luton back in 2007.
“This is a great club and I’m delighted to be here,” Foley told Ipswich Player HD.
“It’s taken a bit of time due to the international clearance and stuff but I’m just happy it’s done now. I really enjoyed my time here anyway and a door sort of opened up for me once Jonny Parr departed.
“I know the gaffer and TC (Terry Connor) from our days at Wolves and it’s great to work with them again. They know what I’m all about and likewise I know how they work.
“I’ve settled in really well already and you can see how close the lads are here. It’s similar to the bond we had at Wolves when we got promoted and first and foremost, the players all work for one another.
- 1 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 2 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 3 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 4 'It makes you want to cry' - anger as bench dumped in pond at country park
- 5 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 6 My Suffolk Life: ‘We had to move to Suffolk to be together’
- 7 Colchester gets city status - fuelling disappointment over no Ipswich bid
- 8 Girl, 12, injured after having foot run over by driver
- 9 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 10 Big sales, Bosmans and 'mutual consent' - Why contracts are a balancing act
“You need that togetherness and it can only bode well for the future. As I mentioned, I’m delighted to be here and I’m looking forward to helping out wherever I can from now until the end of the season.”