Town have to wait and see over Webster’s Achilles injury
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town will have to wait to discover the full extent of the Achilles injury suffered by Adam Webster in the 2-1 home defeat by Derby County.
The central defender left the game midway through the second half after landing awkwardly after jumping for a near-post header at an attacking corner.
Manager Mick McCarthy admitted the injury could ‘rumble on’ but said the club will not know just how bad the problem is until tomorrow at the earliest.
“Adam Webster is struggling with his Achilles,” the Town boss said.
“We won’t know until tomorrow. He’s come off, put it in a bucket of ice and he’ll let it cool down.
“We’ll assess it tomorrow and we’ll find out more then.”
The Blues were missing eight midfield players for the clash with the Rams and are next in action at Fulham on January 2.
- 1 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 2 Town reject bid for midfielder Fraser but no Matete move
- 3 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 4 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
- 5 Ed Sheeran pays the most tax of any celebrity in the UK
- 6 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 7 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 8 Popular Sudbury bakery reveals aim to save town's post office
- 9 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 10 Parents’ fury as bouncy castle business leaves children in the lurch
McCarthy is optimistic Cole Skuse might return.