‘The club wants to win titles and play in Europe’ - Knudsen joins Swedish league leaders Malmo
- Credit: Archant
Former Ipswich Town defender Jonas Knudsen has joined Swedish club Malmo.
The defender left the Blues at the end of last season following the expiration of his contract and moves to Sweden on a free transfer.
He joins his new club mid-season, with Malmo six points clear at the top of the Swedish Allsvensken after 13 games of the campaign.
He will join up with his new team-mates on July 1 and will wear the No.3 shirt.
Malmo, managed by former Brentford boss Uwe Rosler, finished third in last season's competition, meaning they will be playing Europa League football later this year.
You may also want to watch:
Knudsen said: "It feels really good.
"When I heard about the interest from MFF, there was no doubt. It is a club with high ambitions and it attracts me. Here you will hope to win every match, win titles and play in Europe. It feels great to be part of this club and this team."
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 10 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
Malmo sporting director Daniel Andersson said: "It feels very good that we have joined Jonas.
"He has a profile and several properties that we have been looking for for a long time.
"He has a good left foot and can be used throughout the back line but also as an outer back. It is a high-level player who is very professional in everything he does and he will help us a lot in the future."
Knudsen yesterday took to social media to bid farewell to Ipswich writing: "As my time at Ipswich Town has now come to an end I would like to thank everyone in and around the club for the last four years," he wrote on social media.
"My family and I have enjoyed our time here in town! Unfortunately it did not end as I had hoped last season but I'm confident that the club will rise again.
"The fans are amazing and have supported us through all times both away and at Portman Road which I am amazed and really grateful about!
"I wish all the best for the club in the future."