Ipswich Town defender was in the right place at the wrong time
IT may have been a case of being in the right place at the wrong time for departing Ipswich Town defender, Jack Ainsley.
The 22-year-old made just eight appearances for the club in four years as a professional at Portman Road, and is now seeking a new start elsewhere.
Ainsley made one start for the Blues this season, in the 2-2 home draw with Huddersfield Town but, while putting in a capable display, then only made one more substitute appearance before manager Paul Jewell left the club.
The Felixstowe-born defender then failed to make any of Mick McCarthy’s matchday squads and spent the latter part of the season at Chelmsford.
“I was given my chance against Huddersfield as Carlos (Edwards) was injured,” said Ainsley.
You may also want to watch:
“I thought I had done OK and the manager told me I had performed well but then the international break came around and that gave Carlos a chance to get back fit.
“He has got more experience than me so I had no qualms with him coming back into the team, it was just one of those things.”
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 3 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 4 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 7 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 8 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 9 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 10 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
Out of the picture at Ipswich, Ainsley then spent time on trial at Preston but that period was cut short when Lilywhites’ boss Graham Westley was given the sack.
“That obviously went out of the window once the manager had got the sack there,” added Ainsley.
“It was frustrating not to play more at Ipswich but I am now looking at next season.
“My agent is circulating my name and it would be nice to prove Mick McCarthy wrong.”