Town take up option to extend ‘excellent’ Knudsen’s deal
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town have taken up their option to extend Danish left-back Jonas Knudsen’s contract until the summer of 2019.
The Dane signed from Esbjerg in the summer of 2015 and was due to be out of contract this summer, but the club held an option to extend his deal by a year which had to be taken by the end of 2017.
They have today taken that option, with McCarthy delighted to keep the left-back at the club.
“The club have taken up the option. Jonas has been excellent for us,” Town boss Mick McCarthy said.
“He has bought into everything TC [Terry Connor] and I have tried to do and has got better and better.
You may also want to watch:
“He has got himself in the Denmark squad now and I really hope he makes it to the World Cup.”
Bartosz Bialkowski, Cole Skuse, Teddy Bishop, Luke Hyam, Kieffer Moore and Kevin Bru are all out of contract in the summer, with options on their contracts needing to be taken before the end of May.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
David McGoldrick is also in the final year of his contract, which does not include the option of a further year.