Town take up option to extend ‘excellent’ Knudsen’s deal
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town have taken up their option to extend Danish left-back Jonas Knudsen’s contract until the summer of 2019.
The Dane signed from Esbjerg in the summer of 2015 and was due to be out of contract this summer, but the club held an option to extend his deal by a year which had to be taken by the end of 2017.
They have today taken that option, with McCarthy delighted to keep the left-back at the club.
“The club have taken up the option. Jonas has been excellent for us,” Town boss Mick McCarthy said.
“He has bought into everything TC [Terry Connor] and I have tried to do and has got better and better.
You may also want to watch:
“He has got himself in the Denmark squad now and I really hope he makes it to the World Cup.”
Bartosz Bialkowski, Cole Skuse, Teddy Bishop, Luke Hyam, Kieffer Moore and Kevin Bru are all out of contract in the summer, with options on their contracts needing to be taken before the end of May.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 7 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 8 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 9 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
David McGoldrick is also in the final year of his contract, which does not include the option of a further year.