Ipswich Town U18s draw Wingate & Finchley or Andover Town in FA Youth Cup third round
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Ipswich Town’s Under 18s will host either Wingate & Finchley or Andover Town in the third round of the FA Youth Cup.
The game will be played at Portman Road in December, with a date set once Ipswich’s opponents are known. The two sides meet next Thursday to decide who will play Ipswich in round three.
The Blues last won the competition in 2005, having also done so in 1973 and 1975, and reached the fifth round last season.
They won 2-1 at Everton in last season’s third round before beating Dagenham & Redbridge 2-1 at Portman Road in round four.
They ultimately exited in round five, following a 2-0 home loss to a strong Blackpool side which ultimately made it to the last four.
You may also want to watch:
The Under 18s, who are currently second in Professional Development League Two South, host Coventry at Playford Road tomorrow afternoon (12pm).
- 1 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 8 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 9 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
- 10 Four miles of queues after A12 collision