Ipswich Town fans’ anger over handling of tickets for FA Cup tie with Aston Villa
FRUSTRATED Town fans have hit out after it emerged only a very limited number of tickets are left for their FA Cup game at Aston Villa on January 5.
Supporters have criticised a decision by the Suffolk club to secure just 2,900 seats for the match at Villa Park, whose capacity is 42,788.
Season ticket holders and members have already snapped up the majority of the tickets – the last remaining ones will go on general sale from 9am today.
Town fan ‘Billy Bob’ tweeted: “How can ITFC only offer 2,900 when they have nearly sold out on season ticket holder sales alone? The least we would take is 4,000, easy!”
Another supporter, Karl Burnside, said: “Fuming at ITFC decision not to get extra tickets for AVFC game. We could easily take 5,000.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Ipswich Town said it could only buy 2,900 tickets on a sale or return basis.
If the club had gone for 6,000 – which it is entitled to under Football Association rules which give visiting teams 15 per cent of the host club’s capacity – and not sold them it would have been left out of pocket.
- 1 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 10 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
He added: “The club had to make a decision on the number of tickets to buy from Aston Villa as there is a no return policy.
“With our average away attendance being 650 this season, a figure of 2,900 was deemed to be appropriate.”
The club said some restricted-view tickets are left. For more information telephone 0844 8011 555 after 9am today.