‘Paul Lambert is a Blue, he hates Norwich! - Watch Ipswich fans hail new boss at Millwall game
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town fans have been embracing their new manager ahead of today’s game at Millwall.
Paul Lambert was appointed this morning, following the sacking of Paul Hurst on Thursday, but will watch from the stands as his new side take on Millwall.
Lambert is a former Norwich manager, with his greatest successes coming at Carrow Road as he led the Canaries to back-to-back promotions from League One to the Premier League.
While his Norwich past was always going to be a talking point, Blues fans have been embracing the change and have been videod chanting their new boss’s name in a pub ahead of today’s game.
‘Paul Lambert is a Blue, is a Blue, is a Blue; Paul Lambert is a Blue, he hates Norwich’ - they fans chanted in the Old King’s Head pub near Millwall’s Den ground.
The chants then made their way inside the stadium, where a 2,000-strong away support sang for their new boss.
Lambert will watch from the stands today before meeting the Ipswich players over the weekend. He will be formally unveiled early next week with his first game in charge coming against Preston at Portman Road next Saturday.
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 7 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 8 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
- 9 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 10 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
He will return to former club Norwich for the second East Anglian Derby of the season on February 10.