'Just the type of player we need' - Town fans react to signing rapid winger Thomas
- Credit: PA
Ipswich Town fans have been giving their reactions to the Blues' first signing of the January window - here's what they make of winger Luke Thomas.
The 21-year-old has signed on loan from Barnsley until the end of the season, and says he intends to bring 'goals and assists' to Town's promotion push.
The direct and tenacious left-footer attracted Premier League interest as a 16-year-old at Cheltenham, made his senior debut for Derby in the Championship at the age of 18, then enjoyed an impressive loan spell in League One with Coventry City.
That led to a £1.2m switch to newly-promoted second-tier club Barnsley, but he's had a stop-start 18 months at Oakwell, culminating in his temporary move to Portman Road.
His signing has generally been well received by Town fans though, ahead of two huge games with promotion rivals Peterborough and Sunderland on Saturday and Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
Here's what they're saying...
- 1 Coleman on Cook: 'If that's indication of his fortune as Ipswich manager, they can book a place in the Championship'
- 2 Popular Woodbridge restaurant set to close
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 2-1 win at Accrington Stanley
- 4 'I have no doubt Ipswich will be successful' - Richardson doesn't rule out joining Cook at Town
- 5 'Please don't believe everything you read in the media' - Ipswich Town owner Evans addresses takeover reports
- 6 Ipswich case rate rises, other Suffolk districts among lowest in England
- 7 Marcus Evans on Paul Cook: 'He has shown a great desire to become our next manager'
- 8 Man taken to hospital with serious leg injuries following collision
- 9 Anger over loss of habitats after pond drained and trees felled
- 10 'Hard work starts now' as East Anglian Freeport gets green light