‘He’s not played well for years now and constantly injured, they’re welcome to him’ – Town fans on Rhodes move
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town fans have been taking to social media to react to the news that former academy product Jordan Rhodes has signed for arch rivals Norwich City.
Rhodes, who was allowed to leave Ipswich for just £350,000 by Roy Keane in 2009, has scored 187 goals since leaving Suffolk having come through the Portman Road youth system.
He will now spend the 2017/18 season at Carrow Road, with the Canaries paying a proportion of his wages after the Owls relented on their demands for a rumoured £3million loan fee.
Rhodes told the Norwich website: “I’m looking forward to getting settled and starting up and playing a few games with the team. I’m really looking forward to pulling on the yellow and green jersey.”
Speaking back in December 2013, Rhodes said: “I’m still an Ipswich fan, I’m one of them. Never for one moment did I ever want to leave Ipswich Town.”
You may also want to watch:
Portman Road hosts the first East Anglian derby of the season on Sunday, September 2.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 6 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 7 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 10 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station