‘Offensively good, defensively awful’ - Town fans react to West Ham pre-season defeat
- Credit: Picture: Stephen Waller
Ipswich Town were comprehensively beaten 4-1 by Premier League West Ham in their only match of the pre-season at Portman Road this afternoon - here’s what fans have been saying about it on social media.
The Blues looked bright in the first half, aside from a couple of very panicked moments at the back, but went in 1-0 down courtesy of a late Sebastien Haller goal.
Then the game was turned upside down by a second half spell which saw four goals scored in five minutes, with the visitors punishing Ipswich mistakes as they netted three of them.
Haller made it 2-0, before Freddie Sears got a goal back after fine work from Emyr Huws.
Then came some calamity defending from Town, goalkeeper Tomas Holy allowing a cross to sail over his head for Tomas Soucek to head home, before a nightmare moment for captain Luke Chambers as he turned into trouble, was stripped of possession and then thumped the post with his boot after Haller completed his treble with ease.
You may also want to watch:
That’s how the game finished, a second defeat in a row for Town to Premier League foes, having lost 3-0 at Spurs on Saturday.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 8 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 9 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years