Ipswich Town fans will enjoy home comforts at The Amex Stadium
IPSWICH Town fans are heading down to Brighton en masse tomorrow – and they are sure to enjoy a warm welcome at the south coast club’s new Amex Stadium.
Blues fans snapped up their maximum ticket allocation – close to 2,500 – for tomorrow’s game weeks in advance, a combination of improved form and the chance to visit a new stadium proving a draw.
The Seagulls moved into their purpose built 22,374 capacity Amex Stadium at the start of this season following 12 years of ‘temporary’ residence at The Withdean Stadium.
With the latter built primarily for athletics events, supporters found themselves seated a long way from the action – none more so than away fans, many of whom took binoculars to watch the action. Indeed, The Observer newspaper once voted it the fourth worst stadium in the UK.
However, making up for lost time, the south coast club have gone out of their way to accommodate visiting fans at their new home.
You may also want to watch:
The away concourse is lit up in the colours of the opposition, a beer local to the visitors is made available at the bar and away fans are encouraged to mingle with their Brighton counterparts long after the game.
By no means complete, parts of the stadium – particularly the corners – still look bare, while the roads leading towards the ground can become congested at peak times. The design makes for good acoustics though, while it is easy walking distance from Falmer train station.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
– For full match preview, see tomorrow’s EADT.