Ipswich Town in free kids' training
FREE summer football training sessions for girls and boys, aged eight to 11, living in St. Edmundsbury will be on offer this summer.Training sessions will run every Wednesday from July 29 at Nowton Park, Bury St.
FREE summer football training sessions for girls and boys, aged eight to 11, living in St. Edmundsbury will be on offer this summer.
Training sessions will run every Wednesday from July 29 at Nowton Park, Bury St. Edmunds, and Thursday at Haverhill Leisure Centre from July 30.
The sessions are sponsored by Ipswich Town Community Trust and Havebury Housing Partnership's Youth Forum.
Top teams will compete for the Havebury Cup on a Portman Road practice pitch in late August.
You may also want to watch:
Community trust funding and sponsorship manager Carolyn Shaw said: “This is a brand new partnership for Ipswich Town Community Trust and we are delighted to be involved with Havebury. The football training will be a highly motivational programme for young people, encouraging healthy activity and raising achievement, which is what the community trust is about and what we work to promote.”
James Cocksedge, a member of Havebury's Youth Forum which has helped to set up the initiative, says: “Some young people say there's nothing to do and I think this opportunity is a brilliant chance for them to get involved. The forum is really please to be involved with such a high-profile football club as Ipswich Town.”
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 6 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 8 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 9 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 10 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
For an application pack and full list of training dates, call Ellie Darling at Havebury on 01284 722033 or send your child's name, age and address to Havebury Housing Partnership, FREEPOST ANG20802, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP33 3ZP. Places are limited and the initiative is expected to be popular.