Ipswich Town increase season ticket prices for third successive year – Is it fair?
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town have increased season ticket prices for the third successive year. A lower tier seat has risen from £390 in 2013/14 to £417 for 2016/17.
The club has today announced that season tickets for adults at Portman Road will go up by 1.5% for almost 97% of the stadium.
That means the cost of a seat in the lower tiers has risen from £390 in 2013/14 to £417 for 2016/17.
From 2003 to 2013, season ticket prices at Portman Road had remained frozen seven out of 11 years.
The Under-11s season ticket remains priced at £10 for the ninth successive year, while the zero interest 12-month direct debit scheme remains in place.
You may also want to watch:
One major change sees the club drop its grading system for matchday prices. Instead of ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ prices, all home games will have a set price that matches the current ‘B’ cost – that’s £27.50 for an adult seat in the lower tiers and between £32.50 to £37.50 for the vast majority of seats in the upper tiers.
Blues managing director Ian Milne said: “While there is a small increase for adult season tickets, in line with the retail price index, we feel at just over £18 a game, it represents a competitive price. We have listened to supporters who wanted to simplify our matchday pricing and acted on that.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 7 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 10 Tribute to Kaine, 24, at estate's new underpass mural
“Attracting youngsters to Portman Road remains a priority and we have seen an increase in both our Junior Blues membership and those Under-11s and Under-16s attending games. We are continually looking to increase our matchday activities for families.”
A small section of premium seating – in blocks Y, X and D – will go up between 2.5% and 3.5% in cost.
A club statement read: “Adults can watch the 23 home games in the Championship from an average of £18.13 per match if they purchase before the Early Bird deadline of midday on April 11, 2016, making a saving of around £276 against matchday prices. Under-20s can save up to £348.
“Season ticket holders will gain from a new initiative that has seen the club link-up with local and national companies to provide discounts on an array of goods and services.
“If Town are promoted to the Premier League for 2016/17 there would be no extra cost for those who purchase before the Early Bird deadline. In addition, the free Premier League season ticket offer remains in place whereby, if the club were promoted in 2016/17, you would get a free top-flight season ticket for 2017/18 provided you are an Academy Friend paying £10 a month for both 2016/17 and 2017/18.”
Full prices will appear on www.itfcdirect.com later today and tickets will go on sale next week.
– What do you think? E-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.