Ipswich Town kids unlucky to lose on penalties
Ipswich Town’s under-15s squad were unlucky to lose their Academy Showcase game at home to Tottenham, 4-2 on penalties, on Wednesday evening.
The game ended 2-2 at full time with Sam Ford giving the hosts a two-goal cushion, only for the visitors hit back to take the game to a shoot-out.
Spurs’ Charlie Hayford, Marcus Edwards, Charlie Owens and Daly were then successful from the spot, while Sonny Howard and Kundai Benyu were on target for Town.
Travis Cole and Dan Muamba hit the bar for the Blues.
Amongst the Town squad was highly-rated midfielder Andre Dozzell, the son of former Town and Spurs midfielder, Jason.
You may also want to watch:
Town academy products Tommy Smith and Luke Hyam were on hand to present the winning trophy and medals to all the players.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 8 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 9 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches