Ipswich Town kids unlucky to lose on penalties
Ipswich Town’s under-15s squad were unlucky to lose their Academy Showcase game at home to Tottenham, 4-2 on penalties, on Wednesday evening.
The game ended 2-2 at full time with Sam Ford giving the hosts a two-goal cushion, only for the visitors hit back to take the game to a shoot-out.
Spurs’ Charlie Hayford, Marcus Edwards, Charlie Owens and Daly were then successful from the spot, while Sonny Howard and Kundai Benyu were on target for Town.
Travis Cole and Dan Muamba hit the bar for the Blues.
Amongst the Town squad was highly-rated midfielder Andre Dozzell, the son of former Town and Spurs midfielder, Jason.
Town academy products Tommy Smith and Luke Hyam were on hand to present the winning trophy and medals to all the players.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 5 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 6 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 9 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 10 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches