Ipswich Town legend Terry Butcher flattens ex-Norwich City striker Chris Sutton!
- Credit: Archant
The mood surrounding Ipswich Town may be flat, but watching this footage of Blues legend flattening ex-Norwich City striker Chris Sutton is sure to brighten your day.
Butcher, 58 and Sutton, 43, both have the reputation of being straight-talking pundits but it was a physical battle, rather than a war of words, between the pair on BT Sports last night.
In the build-up to coverage of the Scottish Premier League game between Hearts and Rangers, the broadcasters showed footage of an attempt to recreate the record-fastest goal in SPL history – scored 10.4 seconds after kick-off by Kilmarnock’s Kris Boyd against Ross County last week.
A confident Sutton underestimated no-nonsense defender Butcher’s still deep-rooted desire to stop attackers in their tracks though and was left floored by a firm-but-fair standing challenge.
“I’d actually pay good money for that to be honest, that was one of the highlights of my career - stopping Chris Sutton in his tracks,” joked Butcher in the studio afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
Sutton replied: “It’s a pity Terry didn’t do that in 1986 against Maradona!”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 8 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 9 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 10 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash