Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked to striker Evans
- Credit: PA
Ipswich Town are among a number of clubs linked to striker Ched Evans, who's leaving Fleetwood due to discipline issues.
The Sun on Sunday report that Preston lead the chase for the 32-year-old, with Town and Sunderland also keen.
Evans has scored 37 times in 99 games for Fleetwood, but boss Joey Barton said he will be leaving the club because of 'multiple reasons'.
“He will leave the building due to his discipline and his behaviour," Barton explained.
"There’s been multiple infractions. We always try and give a bit of leeway but it just ran its course.
“I think Ched needs a change of scenery, a different voice. I know, short-term, we will feel that because he’s been an influential player for us before but I just think, for us, everybody has a bus stop where they get off. For multiple reasons, I think it’s one of those periods.”
Evans, who's also played for Manchester City, Norwich, Sheffield United and Chesterfield in his career, hit the headlines in 2012 when he was convicted of rape.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 10 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
He served two and a half years in prison, before his conviction was quashed and he was acquitted of the charge at a retrial.
The Blues have also been linked with Barnsley winger Luke Thomas so far in this transfer window.