Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with loan move for Birmingham right-back
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Ipswich Town have been linked with a loan move for Birmingham right-back Josh Dacres-Cogley.
Sky Sports are reporting that the Blues are keen to take the 23-year-old on loan for the season.
The defender has spent his entire career at St Andrew's, making 24 appearances for the club after making his debut in November 2016.
Dacres-Cogley, who was linked with a move to Burton in January, has been with the Birmingham squad on their pre-season tour of Portugal.
Town's right-back slot is up for grabs this summer, with Janoi Donacien and Josh Emmanuel battling for the position as things stand.
Donacien started at Colchester on Friday night while Emmanuel was given the nod in Tuesday night's clash with Notts County.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking after the 5-0 win at Colchester, boss Paul Lambert said that the club's tour of Germany had helped him make decisions regarding players he though were up to the challenge as the Blues bid for promotion from League One.
Ipswich are short of defenders at this moment, with trialists James Wilson and Jon Guthrie both featuring against Notts County as Lambert looks to cover Toto Nsiala's hamstring injury, which will sideline him for six weeks.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years