Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with versatile Bolton defender
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have been linked with a move for young Bolton defender Harry Brockbank.
The Sun are reporting that Ipswich have made enquiries regarding the 20-year-old, who they say is free to leave Wanderers due to the club's financial problems.
Brockbank, 20, has made just four professional appearances in his career - three for Bolton and one for Salford during a short-lived loan spell.
The versatile youngster is capable of playing at right back, in the middle of defence and in the centre of midfield.
It's been reported that Sunderland are also keen on the youngster, with Championship side Brentford said to be leading the race.
You may also want to watch:
The Blues have made two signings so far this summer, with goalkeepers Tomas Holy and Adam Przybek completing moves to Portman Road.
- 1 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 2 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 9 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight