Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with versatile Bolton defender
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have been linked with a move for young Bolton defender Harry Brockbank.
The Sun are reporting that Ipswich have made enquiries regarding the 20-year-old, who they say is free to leave Wanderers due to the club's financial problems.
Brockbank, 20, has made just four professional appearances in his career - three for Bolton and one for Salford during a short-lived loan spell.
The versatile youngster is capable of playing at right back, in the middle of defence and in the centre of midfield.
It's been reported that Sunderland are also keen on the youngster, with Championship side Brentford said to be leading the race.
You may also want to watch:
The Blues have made two signings so far this summer, with goalkeepers Tomas Holy and Adam Przybek completing moves to Portman Road.
- 1 'Cook changes it for Ipswich... I never thought it would happen for them before' - Gillingham boss Evans
- 2 Man dies following collision on A12
- 3 Horse found abandoned in field so over-bred rescuers thought she was a cow
- 4 Filming for new TV detective thriller to take place in Suffolk
- 5 'I have a clear style of play... that will be evident from day one' - Cook on Town's identity
- 6 'Landmark' refusal of 18 homes in Suffolk village aided by community
- 7 Mouldy scone leads to bakery firm being fined £9k for hygiene breaches
- 8 Beachgoers fined for refusing to pack up chairs and blankets
- 9 A134 to close for resurfacing works taking drivers on 4-mile diversion
- 10 Cook on appointing Roberts and the potential for Richardson reunion