Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with versatile Bolton defender
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have been linked with a move for young Bolton defender Harry Brockbank.
The Sun are reporting that Ipswich have made enquiries regarding the 20-year-old, who they say is free to leave Wanderers due to the club's financial problems.
Brockbank, 20, has made just four professional appearances in his career - three for Bolton and one for Salford during a short-lived loan spell.
The versatile youngster is capable of playing at right back, in the middle of defence and in the centre of midfield.
It's been reported that Sunderland are also keen on the youngster, with Championship side Brentford said to be leading the race.
The Blues have made two signings so far this summer, with goalkeepers Tomas Holy and Adam Przybek completing moves to Portman Road.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 9 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man