Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'up bid for goalkeeper to £350,000'
- Credit: PA
Ipswich Town continue to be linked with a move for Dundee United goalkeeper Benjamin Siegrist.
The 29-year-old Swiss stopper has been mentioned in connection with the Blues on several occasions since the beginning of May, at a time when Scottish giants Celtic are also said to be keen.
Now it’s being reported, by the Sun, that the Blues have made a bid of £350,000 for the Terrors’ keeper, with Wigan Athletic also now credited with interest in the 6ft 5in goalkeeper.
Siegrist has a year remaining on his contract and has revealed he is open to moving on this summer.
Speaking in a recent interview in his homeland, Siegrist said: “I don't want to force a change, but I am already aiming for the next step in my career.
“If there is interest, I'll take a close look.”
Town boss Paul Cook is looking for a new No.1 this summer, with David Cornell’s contract recently terminated and Tomas Holy told he can move on. In all likelihood, Cook will bring in two new goalkeepers this summer as part of a major squad rebuild.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
It’s understood Cornell could soon sign for a new club, with Championship sides keen.