Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'up bid for goalkeeper to £350,000'
- Credit: PA
Ipswich Town continue to be linked with a move for Dundee United goalkeeper Benjamin Siegrist.
The 29-year-old Swiss stopper has been mentioned in connection with the Blues on several occasions since the beginning of May, at a time when Scottish giants Celtic are also said to be keen.
Now it’s being reported, by the Sun, that the Blues have made a bid of £350,000 for the Terrors’ keeper, with Wigan Athletic also now credited with interest in the 6ft 5in goalkeeper.
Siegrist has a year remaining on his contract and has revealed he is open to moving on this summer.
Speaking in a recent interview in his homeland, Siegrist said: “I don't want to force a change, but I am already aiming for the next step in my career.
“If there is interest, I'll take a close look.”
Town boss Paul Cook is looking for a new No.1 this summer, with David Cornell’s contract recently terminated and Tomas Holy told he can move on. In all likelihood, Cook will bring in two new goalkeepers this summer as part of a major squad rebuild.
- 1 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 3 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 7 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 8 'Absolutely awful': Anger as rubbish left dumped near beauty spot
- 9 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
- 10 'A really strong side' - Manning praises Town after defeat
It’s understood Cornell could soon sign for a new club, with Championship sides keen.