Striker Morris signs for League Two Forest Green Rovers on loan
- Credit: Archant
Teenage striker Ben Morris has joined League Two side Forest Green Rovers on loan for the rest of the season, we understand.
The striker, who went to the European Under 19 Championships with England in the summer, will spend the rest of the campaign on loan in Gloucestershire as he looks to build his Football League experience.
The deal will be announced later this evening, with Forest Green’s star striker Christian Doidge heading to Bolton.
He made his debut for the Blues in the Carabao Cup defeat by Crystal Palace last August, before making three Championship appearances before the end of last season.
He featured as a substitute on the opening day of this season against Blackburn, but will now spend the season in League Two.
There is a break clause in the deal, allowing him to be recalled in January.
Forest Green manager, Mark Cooper said: “Ben’s an exciting, young centre-forward - Ipswich have got high hopes for him.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 4 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 5 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 6 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 7 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 8 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 9 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 10 Queen's Platinum Jubilee Flypast to pass over Suffolk
“I don’t think you can ever say anyone’s a replacement for Christian (Doidge) but I think he’s one that our fans will enjoy watching.
“He’s a real workhorse, he can get hold of the ball, he can run the channels and he can score goals, so I’m really looking forward to working with him.”
He is the second Ipswich younster to depart today, with Josh Emmanuel joining League One side Shrewsbury on loan.
Tristan Nydam joined Scottish top flight St Johnstone on loan until January, earlier this week.