Striker Morris signs for League Two Forest Green Rovers on loan
- Credit: Archant
Teenage striker Ben Morris has joined League Two side Forest Green Rovers on loan for the rest of the season, we understand.
The striker, who went to the European Under 19 Championships with England in the summer, will spend the rest of the campaign on loan in Gloucestershire as he looks to build his Football League experience.
The deal will be announced later this evening, with Forest Green’s star striker Christian Doidge heading to Bolton.
He made his debut for the Blues in the Carabao Cup defeat by Crystal Palace last August, before making three Championship appearances before the end of last season.
He featured as a substitute on the opening day of this season against Blackburn, but will now spend the season in League Two.
You may also want to watch:
There is a break clause in the deal, allowing him to be recalled in January.
Forest Green manager, Mark Cooper said: “Ben’s an exciting, young centre-forward - Ipswich have got high hopes for him.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 9 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
“I don’t think you can ever say anyone’s a replacement for Christian (Doidge) but I think he’s one that our fans will enjoy watching.
“He’s a real workhorse, he can get hold of the ball, he can run the channels and he can score goals, so I’m really looking forward to working with him.”
He is the second Ipswich younster to depart today, with Josh Emmanuel joining League One side Shrewsbury on loan.
Tristan Nydam joined Scottish top flight St Johnstone on loan until January, earlier this week.