Rowe completes Lincoln loan move
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town winger Danny Rowe has completed his loan switch to League Two side Lincoln City.
Rowe has been training with the Imps, who knocked the Blues out of last season’s FA Cup, during the Christmas period but has now completed his half-season switch to Sincil Bank.
Blues boss Mick McCarthy has previously stated he still believes Rowe ‘has something to offer’ at Portman Road but the winger will spend the second half of the campaign with a Lincoln side in the thick of the League Two promotion race.
Lincoln boss Danny Cowley is delighted to have added Rowe to his squad for the run-in.
“Danny Rowe is a top, top player. He’s someone we know well from his time at Macclesfield,” said Danny Cowley.
You may also want to watch:
“We actually tried to bring him here when we first joined Lincoln but he had just signed a new deal with Macclesfield.
“The year we were at Braintree, he was the standout player in the National League.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
“We’ve all seen what standout players in the National League can do in the Football League. The prospect of him joining us is really exciting.”
On Rowe, McCarthy said previously: “It’s a good move for him, they’ve got a chance of getting promoted.”
MORE: Town set to sell Moore, says Rotherham boss “It’ll be good for us because I still think Danny’s got something to offer, but he needs to play in a league side and if he has a really good second half of the season with Lincoln then that may push him further into the picture for us next season.”
Rowe could make his Imps debut in their Checkatrade Trophy tie against Rochdale at the Crown Oil Arena next Tuesday (January 9).