Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with loan move for Rangers’ John
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Ipswich Town are reported to be showing interest in signing Rangers left back Declan John on loan.
Swansea have been trailing the former Cardiff City defender for some time, with the Blue said to also have made their interest known.
John, who joined Rangers in 2017 following a successful loan spell, is thought to be allowed to leave Ibrox on a temporary deal following the £2,2million signing of Osijek left-back Borna Barisic.
Steven Gerrard has also opting to play former Liverpool team-mate Jon Flanagan at left back during his early days at the club, pushing John further down the pecking order at Ibrox.
Jonas Knudsen started at left-back in Paul Hurst’s first game in charge of the Blues, a 2-2 draw at home to Blackburn, but has himself been subject of transfer interest.
Stoke City have been tracking the Dane this summer, while Middlesbrough and Aston Villa are both thought to see Knudsen as a potential alternative to Bristol City’s Joe Bryan.
Villa look set to win that race, with Steve Bruce’s men expected to announce the signing of Bryan later today.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 4 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 5 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 6 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 7 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 8 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 9 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 10 Queen's Platinum Jubilee Flypast to pass over Suffolk
Myles Kenlock and new Fulham loanee Tayo Edun are the other players able to play at left-back in the Ipswich squad.