Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with loan move for Rangers’ John
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Ipswich Town are reported to be showing interest in signing Rangers left back Declan John on loan.
Swansea have been trailing the former Cardiff City defender for some time, with the Blue said to also have made their interest known.
John, who joined Rangers in 2017 following a successful loan spell, is thought to be allowed to leave Ibrox on a temporary deal following the £2,2million signing of Osijek left-back Borna Barisic.
Steven Gerrard has also opting to play former Liverpool team-mate Jon Flanagan at left back during his early days at the club, pushing John further down the pecking order at Ibrox.
Jonas Knudsen started at left-back in Paul Hurst’s first game in charge of the Blues, a 2-2 draw at home to Blackburn, but has himself been subject of transfer interest.
You may also want to watch:
Stoke City have been tracking the Dane this summer, while Middlesbrough and Aston Villa are both thought to see Knudsen as a potential alternative to Bristol City’s Joe Bryan.
Villa look set to win that race, with Steve Bruce’s men expected to announce the signing of Bryan later today.
- 2 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 7 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 8 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
Myles Kenlock and new Fulham loanee Tayo Edun are the other players able to play at left-back in the Ipswich squad.