‘Road trip... take me home country roads’ - Walters drops big Ipswich hint
- Credit: Archant
Jon Walters has dropped a big hint that he is on his way to Ipswich to complete his loan return to Portman Road.
It was revealed yesterday that the Burnley striker is close to returning to the club he left in 2010, with the move expected to be completed prior to tomorrow’s 5pm loan deadline. It’s understood the deal will be a loan until January.
And it appears the 34-year-old is on his way to Ipswich this afternoon, with Walters taking to Instagram to post a picture of his sat nav while sat in his car.
It shows his current position as Newmarket, with the picture caption ‘Road trip’ with the hashtag ‘take me home country roads’.
Walters has played just six times since joining Burnley from Stoke for £3million a year ago, with Clarets manager Sean Dyche admitting yesterday he could depart on loan.
He did not train with the Burnley squad today ahead of their Europa League clash with Olympiacos on Thursday night, with Dyche admitting the Republic of Ireland international could soon depart.
“We’re not stretched in literal numbers but we are overloaded in certain areas,” Dyche told the media in Lancashire.
“We looked at the balance, how could we readdress that?
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 3 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 4 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 5 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 6 Police release picture of man after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 7 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 8 New curator appointed at Suffolk tourist attraction
- 9 Suffolk celebrates! Full list of county's 185 street parties for the Queen's jubilee
- 10 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
“We were hoping to balance the squad out in the summer and that has affected some situations, with us still open to loans.
“There’s talk of Jon (Walters). A couple of clubs have been in contact, so we’ll have to see where that goes.”
Walters scored 31 goals in 146 appearances for the Blues before joining Stoke for £2.75m in August 2010, having signed for just £150,000 in January 2007.