Ipswich Town make loan approach for Leicester City winger Anthony Knockaert
- Credit: PA
Ipswich v Birmingham: Ipswich Town have made an approach to Leicester City about taking Anthony Knockaert on-loan.
The French winger, out of contract in the summer, won the Championship title with the Foxes last season, scoring five league goals, but has struggled for game time in the Premier League this season.
“I have spoken to lots of clubs about lots of players,” said McCarthy.
“He is a quality player and if I can get someone of his quality in then why wouldn’t I?
“I don’t know how these stories get out and I go back to my original comment, if can get anyone in who is better than we have got then I will try and do it.”
You may also want to watch:
Asked to talk about Knockaert having lots of quality, McCarthy added: “All the others I have spoken to have as well.”
McCarthy will still be without David McGoldrick, Luke Hyam, Stephen Hunt, Noel Hunt and Darren Ambrose for tomorrow night’s game at home to Birmingham City.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 7 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 9 Plans for Scandinavian-inspired holiday chalets in Suffolk
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-1 victory over Fleetwood
“The lads that are injured are still missing unfortunately,” McCarthy added.