Ipswich Town make loan approach for Leicester City winger Anthony Knockaert
- Credit: PA
Ipswich v Birmingham: Ipswich Town have made an approach to Leicester City about taking Anthony Knockaert on-loan.
The French winger, out of contract in the summer, won the Championship title with the Foxes last season, scoring five league goals, but has struggled for game time in the Premier League this season.
“I have spoken to lots of clubs about lots of players,” said McCarthy.
“He is a quality player and if I can get someone of his quality in then why wouldn’t I?
“I don’t know how these stories get out and I go back to my original comment, if can get anyone in who is better than we have got then I will try and do it.”
Asked to talk about Knockaert having lots of quality, McCarthy added: “All the others I have spoken to have as well.”
McCarthy will still be without David McGoldrick, Luke Hyam, Stephen Hunt, Noel Hunt and Darren Ambrose for tomorrow night’s game at home to Birmingham City.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 2 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 4 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 5 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 6 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
- 7 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 8 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 9 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
- 10 AFC Wimbledon 0-2 Ipswich Town: It's Burns Night as winger inspires win
“The lads that are injured are still missing unfortunately,” McCarthy added.