‘We have a plan he is fully supportive of... it was a positive conversation’ - Hurst on Evans meeting
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town owner Marcus Evans and manager Paul Hurst met on Tuesday prior to the Blues’ 1-1 draw with Brentford.
You said you were due to have a meeting with Marcus on Monday or Tuesday this week. How does he see things at the minute?
PH: “That was Tuesday, we had a good chat and we went through a lot because it’s the first time we’ve spoken properly to do with everything we’re trying to do here.
“He was just checking on things and I have to say it was a positive conversation.
Other managers have praised Marcus for his patience when things aren’t going well and with a calmness in those circumstances. Is that how you’ve found him?
You may also want to watch:
PH: “Yes, I have to say that.
“He’s employing me for a reason, ultimately to win games of football, which we haven’t done, but at the same time do that in a certain way and in time.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
“He mentioned the fact that, again, we need to do what we need to do in the short term if I feel that’s changing overall. We have a clear direction and a plan there which he is fully supportive of.
“That’s always nice to hear. He hasn’t made me feel any different at any point in truth. It’s more being in football and seeing what happens sometimes.
“We spoke on Wednesday morning as well about the game and he said the second half was as well as we played. I disagreed with him but it was nice he was in positive mood.
“Nothing’s changed in truth so we carry on and hopefully start to see the results that we want.”
So you’re developing a relationship with him? You don’t see him very often so is it difficult to establish that relationship?
“As long as we speak often (it’s fine).
PH: “Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice to sit face-to-face in the same room and look someone directly in the eyes because you get a better feeling.
“Overall it’s not an issue. We talk often anyway and we were both pretty ready for a breather from each other after the transfer window because we were on the phone constantly and both relieved when that did shut. We can concentrate on what we have got.”