‘Do we start him or bring him on to make an impact?’ - Lambert on using creative spark Bishop
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Paul Lambert is weighing up whether to use midfielder Teddy Bishop as a starter or an impact substitute in Sunday’s East Anglian Derby.
The 22-year-old, who is bidding to earn a new contract with the Blues during the final months of his current deal, performed well in the middle of midfield in Ipswich’s 1-0 defeat by Sheffield Wednesday a week ago.
He has struggled with cramp in the days after the game, given he has played so little football over the last few years due to injury, but Lambert insists he will be involved this weekend.
He’s yet to decide whether to name him in his starting XI or bring him off the bench to make an impact, though.
“He did really well, Bish, and the young players in the squad have been doing well,” Lambert said.
“He had cramp in both calves but has trained all week and is fine. So it’s whether we start him or bring him on to make an impact.
“It’s dangerous to keep playing, playing and playing him because he’s played so little football.
- 1 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 2 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 3 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 4 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 5 The night Town beat Real Madrid - and why they're still part of elite club
- 6 Driver being taken to hospital after car ends up on roof in field
- 7 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 8 When will bins be emptied during the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend?
- 9 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 10 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
“But his performance, especially in the first half, was very good.”
Lambert also ruled Emyr Huws out, with the midfielder continuing to struggle with fluid on his calf.