Ipswich Town manager tips Leeds United to reach Championship play-offs
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy tipped Leeds United to reach the Championship play-offs after watching his Blues side hold the Whites in the Championship, 1-1, at the weekend.
Freddie Sears gave the Blues a ninth-minute lead, only for Stuart Dallas to equalise for the Elland Road outfit, three minutes before the break.
McCarthy, a self-confessed Leeds fan, said: “They have come up against a side that has been playing well recently and found it very hard to play.
“They had a lot of passes in the second half and they are an excellent team. When they came off, their players were saying ‘We don’t want to play against you lot every week’ but that’s not been us every week either, but then again we have got different players on the pitch.”
He added: “I think they have just had a bit of a tough time haven’t they, but that happens. I remember getting promoted with Wolves and not winning for 13 games.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s just not easy, the league’s not easy, but they will be in the play-offs, no doubt about that.”
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 3 Judge won't play for Ipswich again this season as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 4 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 5 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 6 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 7 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop