Ipswich Town midfielder Andre Dozzell hoping to be fit for England Under-19’s semi-final clash
Ipswich Town midfielder Andre Dozzell was forced off early on with a hip injury as England’s Under-19s beat Germany 4-1 last night to book their place in the semi-finals of the European Championships.
Dozzell took a knee to his side early on and, despite trying to play on, eventually limped off in the 15th minute.
The 18-year-old, who is playing up an age group, didn’t head out to Georgia expecting to be a regular starter in this tournament but impressed in training and got the nod for the group opener.
He completed the full 90 minutes as Keith Downing’s men beat Bulgaria 2-0, then impressed in a deep-lying playmaker role as the Young Three Lions beat Holland 2-0.
It’s understood the injury is no more than an impact one, with the former Copleston High School pupil hopeful of being fit for Wednesday’s semi-final against the Czech Republic (5.15pm, Eurosport).
You may also want to watch:
Holland face Portugal in the other semi-final, with the final due to be played in Tbilisi on Saturday.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 8 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 10 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'