Ipswich Town midfielder Andre Dozzell stars in England Under-19s 1-0 win over The Netherlands
Ipswich Town midfielder Andre Dozzell starred for England’s Under-19s as the young Three Lions team defeated their Dutch counterparts, 1-0, at the UEFA U19 European Championship, in Georgia, on Thursday.
Dozzell played the full 90 minutes at the Mikheil Meskhi Stadium and created the best chance of the first half, releasing Fulham’s Ryan Sessegnon, who was denied by Netherlands’ goalkeeper, Justin Bijlow.
Nottingham Forest’s striker Ben Brereton scored the only goal of the game as England made it two wins from two games, following their 2-0 success over Bulgaria in their first group game.
They play again on Sunday, against Germany, at the at the David Petriashvili Stadium.
Dozzell made an instant impact for the Blues, scoring as a substitute on his senior debut, in the 1-1 draw at Sheffield Wednesday in April 2016.
You may also want to watch:
He has so far played 11 games for Mick McCarthy’s side.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 10 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management