Ipswich Town midfielder Guirane N’Daw in police custody following alleged ‘domestic incident’
- Credit: Archant
IPSWICH Town have confirmed that Guirane N’Daw missed today’s 1-0 win over Bolton at Portman Road due to the fact he was in police custody following an alleged ‘domestic incident’.
The Senegalese-born midfield player, 28, remains in custody tonight, having been arrested on Friday night.
Club spokesperson Steve Pearce told the EADT and Ipswich Star: “We are aware that Guirane N’Daw was arrested yesterday (Friday) after an alleged domestic incident. The club is liaising with the police and won’t be making any further comment at this time.”
Suffolk police have confirmed that a man is still in custody following an alleged assault yesterday afternoon.
Although the suspect has not been named, a spokesman for the constabulary – speaking early Saturday evening – said: “A 28-year-old man from Ipswich is currently in custody on suspicion of assault following an incident in Ipswich at a property in the town centre yesterday afternoon.”
You may also want to watch:
Speaking after the match, Blues boss Mick McCarthy said: “Guirane wasn’t available for personal reasons apparently. I got a call from the club secretary this morning. He’s not here so I couldn’t pick him.”
He jokingly added: “I doubt he was out down the pub because he doesn’t drink, he doesn’t drive either. I did tell him he go back to Senegal during the international break – maybe he went early!”
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman