Ipswich Town midfielder Teddy Bishop ‘out for extended period’ after operation
Ipswich Town midfielder Teddy Bishop will miss more time after going under the knife.
The Blues said Bishop, 21, ‘will be out of action for an extended period’ after having an operation for a groin injury.
He is yet to feature in competitive action this season, although he did play a part in a number of the Blues’ pre-season games.
“Teddy’s going to be out for a while,” Town boss Mick McCarthy said. “He’s had an operation on a sportsman’s hernia in his groin, so it isn’t good news.”
Bishop, a product of the famed Town academy, made 20 appearances for the Blues last season after missing virtually the whole of 2015/16 through a succession of injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The young midfielder burst onto the scene in Town’s play-off season of 2014/15, but has been hampered by injury ever since.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 8 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints