‘He’s not going to play, there’s no way’ - Adeyemi will not return this season
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Tom Adeyemi will not play for Ipswich Town again this season.
The midfielder, signed from Cardiff in the summer, has not featured since the October loss to Norwich due to hamstring trouble, with every attempt to return seeing him fall back in his recover.
Adeyemi, who also suffered from illness during the early weeks of his Ipswich career, will not return this season with manager Mick McCarthy disappointed not to have had him at his disposal.
“You will probably see him walking down the pitch for the Middlesbrough game but he’s not going to play, there’s no way,” McCarthy said.
“He’s not training, not with the first team and that’s been sad because when he played I really liked him and I think he would have added to the squad.
You may also want to watch:
“Please god for him and for the club he is fit next season because he’s a good player.”
“He had it just before the Norwich game and he was fit to play, but it maybe just took its toll in that and he did again. It’s worse then.”
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 6 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 7 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 8 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 10 Suffolk 'can't afford' to repair or clear 700 damaged road signs