Ipswich Town mocked by fast food giant KFC with ‘zinging’ jibe at stuttering promotion bid
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town’s promotion credentials have been mocked by an unlikely critic.
Fast food giant KFC have taken a pot-shot at the Blues online in a response to a supporter who attempted to recreate one of the restaurant’s recipes at home.
Town season ticket holder Matthew Rudd put his creation, an attempt at KFC’s rice box, up for rating and KFC (presumably Colonel Sanders himself) replied to score his effort at 5/10.
The rest of their message cut deep, though, saying: “An okay try, but you’ve as much chance of winning as Ipswich do escaping League One anytime soon.”
The Colonel’s point may be a valid one.
MORE: Meet the club adopted by Ipswich fans and playing on in Belarus - where the president wants to beat coronavirus using saunas and vodkaThe Blues began the season like a different gravy, with manager Paul Lambert earning his corn by taking the Blues zinging to the top of the League One table.
You may also want to watch:
It’s been a different story since November, though, when Town’s wings were clipped and Lambert’s men tumbled down the table after losing a bucket-load of games, shaking supporters to their bones.
Ipswich towered above the rest of the league again, though, sitting top as recently as mid-January as Lambert’s men rediscovered their original recipe, but the slide took hold once again as the teams below chipped away during the Blues’ poor form, meaning they now reside in 10th.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 3 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 4 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 5 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 6 Ipswich consider striker signing after Hawkins undergoes surgery
- 7 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 8 Covid rate falling across Suffolk and north Essex
- 9 Town have 27 first teamers available... And Taylor hints at the return of squad rotation
- 10 Plans to convert pub into takeaway refused
The season is currently suspended indefinitely, with Ipswich having eight games remaining as they bid to make up the seven-point gap between them and the final play-off place.