Dozzell, Donacien, Bishop and Nsiala in strong Under 23 side to face QPR
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town will field a strong Under 23 side when they take on QPR at Playford Road this afternoon (1pm).
Andre Dozzell, Janoi Donacien, Teddy Bishop and Toto Nsiala will all start the game at Playford Road, which sees the top two sides in Professional Development League Two South table go head-to-head.
They drew 2-2 when they played earlier this season, with the Young Blues currently two points clear at the top of the table.
This afternoon’s game will be an opportunity for the players on the fringes of Paul Lambert’s first team to get vital minutes in their legs.
Dozzell came off the bench and played 17 minutes as a substitute at Stoke at the weekend while Bishop and Nsiala were unused substitutes. Donacien didn’t make the squad.
Kayden Jackson and Grant Ward both missed the game at the bet365 Stadium through illness.
The Under 23s will be looking to get back to winning ways this afternoon following their 2-0 loss at Millwall last time out.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 4 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 5 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 6 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 7 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 8 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 9 A12 and A14 set for upgrades after £200m investment in Suffolk roads
- 10 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
Ipswich Town: Wright, Cotter, Kenlock, Nsiala, Donacien, Dozzell (C), Rowe, El Mizouni, Drinan, Bishop, Folami.
Subs: Egan, McGavin, Ndaba, McLoughlin, Brown