Ipswich Town new boy Tyrone Barnett looks to put Peterborough past behind him
TYRONE Barnett has admitted he was surprised by the speed of his loan switch from Peterborough to Ipswich Town.
The 27-year-old striker was transfer-listed by Posh last week after a breach of club discipline.
Barnett was only told this morning about Ipswich’s interest but he didn’t need to think twice about the loan move, which runs until January 19.
Barnett, who is ineligible for Town’s home match against Peterborough on Saturday, said: “It’s been a difficult week, with what’s gone on so I’m looking at this as a new start and the chance to get back to playing football and enjoying my football as well.
“I’ve not done that as much as I would have liked this season. Ipswich have given me a chance to come here and play some games and hopefully score some goals and that’s what I’m looking to do.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a fantastic football club. I have some good memories of the place after scoring here last season in one of my first games. Now I want to score goals for the club and I can’t wait to get going.”
* See tomorrow’s EADT and Ipswich Star for our exclusive interview with Town’s new man
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 9 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child