Ipswich Town players celebrate valuable win over Burton Albion
Following last night’s 2-1 win against Burton Albion, sports writer WILL RIDGARD takes a look at some of the reaction from the Ipswich Town camp.
Ipswich Town’s players were in fine spirits last night as the Blues secured a valuable 2-1 away win at the Pirelli Stadium.
An own goal from former Blues favourite Luke Varney, in the 52nd minute, gave the Suffolk side the lead, before Freddie Sears scored his sixth goal of the season - and his third in as many games - after terrific work from Myles Kenlock.
Kenlock fouled Varney, in the 86th minute, as the Brewers reduced the deficit, but despite the hosts hitting the woodwork in a late onslaught late on, Ipswich preserved their lead and took home a massive three points that should them play Championship football again next season.
And as you can see, Myles Kenlock, and loan duo Tom Lawrence and Emyr Huws all took to social media afterwards to celebrate the three points.
You may also want to watch:
Last night’s result moved Ipswich up to 15th position in the table, nine points clear of the drop zone, as they get prepared to take on Newcastle United on Easter Monday, where, if results go their way, they will mathematically achieve Championship survival.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 3 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 4 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 10 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement