Ipswich Town players send their thoughts to Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba
IPSWICH Town players have joined the growing number of people in and out of the game to send thoughts and best wishes to Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba.
The England Under-21 midfielder was rushed to hospital tonight after collapsing while playing for Bolton against Tottenham in the FA Cup quarter-final.
With 41 minutes on the clock, Muamba suddenly dropped to the floor and six paramedics ran on to the pitch at White Hart Lane moments later to treat the 23-year-old.
The paramedics tried to resuscitate the player while players and fans, many of them in tears, looked on.
It has since been reported that the midfielder is in a stable condition in hospital as the footballing world and the larger community sent their support to Muamba.
You may also want to watch:
Town players, some fresh from their 3-2 victory over Peterborough this afternoon, instantly turned their thoughts to the Bolton player through social media site Twitter.
Aaron Cresswell, who scored a dramatic 85th minute winner at Portman Road, wrote: “Puts everythin into prospective.. Let’s all pray for muamba! sad sad time..”
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 8 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
Town loanee keeper Alex McCarthy, who has also been involved in the England Under-21 set-up, added: “Can’t believe what I’m seeing and hearing!! Hope Fabrice Muamba is ok and pulls through this! #TopGuy.”
New Zealand international Tommy Smith said: “Got the 3 points but got home to see the terrible news about Muamba, sod the footy, let’s all hope he pulls through! #prayformuamba.