Ipswich Town players send their thoughts to Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba
IPSWICH Town players have joined the growing number of people in and out of the game to send thoughts and best wishes to Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba.
The England Under-21 midfielder was rushed to hospital tonight after collapsing while playing for Bolton against Tottenham in the FA Cup quarter-final.
With 41 minutes on the clock, Muamba suddenly dropped to the floor and six paramedics ran on to the pitch at White Hart Lane moments later to treat the 23-year-old.
The paramedics tried to resuscitate the player while players and fans, many of them in tears, looked on.
It has since been reported that the midfielder is in a stable condition in hospital as the footballing world and the larger community sent their support to Muamba.
Town players, some fresh from their 3-2 victory over Peterborough this afternoon, instantly turned their thoughts to the Bolton player through social media site Twitter.
Aaron Cresswell, who scored a dramatic 85th minute winner at Portman Road, wrote: “Puts everythin into prospective.. Let’s all pray for muamba! sad sad time..”
- 1 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 3 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 7 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 8 'Absolutely awful': Anger as rubbish left dumped near beauty spot
- 9 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
- 10 'A really strong side' - Manning praises Town after defeat
Town loanee keeper Alex McCarthy, who has also been involved in the England Under-21 set-up, added: “Can’t believe what I’m seeing and hearing!! Hope Fabrice Muamba is ok and pulls through this! #TopGuy.”
New Zealand international Tommy Smith said: “Got the 3 points but got home to see the terrible news about Muamba, sod the footy, let’s all hope he pulls through! #prayformuamba.