‘I’m a presence... strong, physical and fast’ - teenage striker Simpson signs professional deal
Tyreece Simpson has signed his first professional contract at Portman Road.
The young striker, who came off the bench for his league debut at Blackpool on Saturday, has put pen to paper on a deal until the summer of 2022 with the option of an extra year.
The teenager previously made his senior debut in the EFL Trophy victory over Tottenham in September and is now targeting further involvement with Town's first-team.
He said: "I'm delighted for me and my family. I've got to keep pushing forward from here.
"Making my league debut (at Blackpool) was a good experience and hopefully that's the first of many.
You may also want to watch:
"I want to stick around the first-team and get as many minutes as possible before the end of the season.
"I'm big strong, physical and fast. I'm a presence."
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
Speaking after Saturday's game at Blackpool, manager Paul Lambert said: "He's a strong, strong kid with a nice touch. I thought him and (Armando) Dobra did well when they came. He's one for the future Tyreece, as is Dobra and some of the others. They need time."