Town recruiting extra stewards to prepare for return of fans
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town are recruiting more match day stewards as the club prepares to welcome fans back to Portman Road.
The Blues were all set for a test event last month which would have seen a limited number of fans back inside Portman Road for the first time since March, having passed the necessary Covid-19 assessments.
But that trial was forced onto the backburner by the spike of coronavirus cases, and subsequent national lockdown.
While there is no set date or target as to when fans could return, the club are now recruiting extra stewards to allow them to implement all the required new measures when supporters are allowed back.
Prospective stewards must be:-
You may also want to watch:
- Over the age of 18
- Fit, active and calm under pressure
- 1 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 2 Matchday Recap: Town beaten at home by Wyke goal
- 3 Jack Whomes to be freed after 23 years in jail for 'Essex Boys' murders
- 4 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 5 Farm vehicle and power tools worth thousands stolen in break in
- 6 Covid rips through Suffolk care homes again with deaths up 50% in a week
- 7 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Town's reaction will be fascinating as Sunderland visit on a big night for Lambert's Ipswich
- 9 'It's up to Marcus what he does' - Lambert reacts to Sunderland defeat
- 10 Watch: What next for Debenhams stores across Suffolk and Essex?
- Possess good communication skills
- Able to attend most first-team home fixtures and other major events held at the stadium
- Polite and helpful to all supporters.
The salary is £9.77 an hour, PPE will be provided and succesful applicants will be trained by the ckub up to Level Two for NVQ Spectator Safety.
If you are interested, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday, December 2.