Ipswich Town report a good ‘vibe’ over early season ticket sales
THERE is a good vibe around Portman Road.
Paul Jewell’s improving side have lost just three times in the last 15 and stretched their unbeaten home run to seven matches following Saturday’s 1-0 win over Barnsley.
And the message from inside the club ticket office is that the impressive run of form is having the desired effect when it comes to season ticket sales for the 2012/13 campaign.
John Ford, ticket office and call centre manager, explained: “There has been a good vibe around sales since details of next season’s prices were released.
“The first 10 days of sales are always a good barometer for the summer and it has gone well. The recent form has made people feel more confident about the team and we are pleased that this has been reflected in the interest in season tickets.
You may also want to watch:
“It is early days but the initial response has been very positive.”
The club sold 13,370 season tickets last year and matching that figure is the aim of Ford and his team.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
He said: “We have already put through 2,500 applications through the system and our internet sales are also encouraging – which suggest fans are finding that an easy way to apply. We know we are operating in a tough financial climate but our number one target is to match last season’s figures. Anything above that would be very nice.”
Fans are reminded that they have until midday on Friday 13 to take advantage of the Early Bird discounted season-ticket promotion.