Ipswich Town reserves lose five-goal thriller
- Credit: Archant
TWO goals in the final four minutes of normal time saw Charlton Athletic’s under-21s grab a dramatic 3-2 win at Ipswich Town on Monday.
Town looked to have sealed victory in the Under-21 Professional Development League 2 game when Jack Marriott struck a clinical finish past David Button with just six minutes to play.
However, Addicks striker Joe Piggott scored a quick-fire double on 86 and 88 minutes, the second with a superb finish from the edge of the box, to give the Londoners victory.
Town had earlier gone in front through Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, the forward turning sharply in the box to give the Blues a 29th-minute lead.
However, Ipswich could only hold out for three minutes, conceding when Harry Lennon fired through a crowded penalty area
You may also want to watch:
Town fielded a strong side with Anthony Wordsworth returning after injury.
BLUES: Lee-Barrett, Hewitt, Mings, Clarke (Berkane), Kisnorbo, Gardiner, Emmanuel-Thomas, Wordsworth, Marriott, Lawrence, Timlin (Galvin). SUBS: Crowe, Robinson, Burke,
- 1 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 6 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 7 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 8 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 9 Teacher denies sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich