First pictures as Town players return to training
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town players have returned to training for the first time since the suspension of football today – here are the first pictures.
The Blues trained at Playford Road in small groups, adhering to coronavirus protocols.
The players arrived in kit, trained at set times and then returned home without using the dressing-rooms or showers.
They were only allowed to work outdoors, with no access to the gym, canteen or training ground complex.
Among the returning players were a few new looks - most notably young defender Luke Woolfenden’s flowing blonde locks, held back by what appears to be a headband.
You may also want to watch:
Striker Freddie Sears was also looking different, courtesy of a close cropped hair cut and beard.
And, with only small groups allowed at one time, it’s not clear if Flynn Downes would have been able to defend his title on the dreaded bleep test - a staple of the first day back normally.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
The midfielder, linked with a big money move to the Premier League this summer, beat the departed Jordan Roberts t the crown last year - the test generally seen as establishing the fittest player at the club.
The Blues will continue to build towards the new season, which is expected to start on September 12.